Motor Bench Test

This week we built a bench test for the motor and attempted to get it spinning! Sadly it didn’t go through the commissioning process as we had hoped but we’re on it! Debugging is always 90% of the work. We did have fun putting it all together, getting high voltage safety training, and hearing the inverter whine away. For those of you who don’t know we’re working with an Emrax 228 motor and a BAMOCAR D3 controller. Keep watch, for we’ll post a video once we have it running!

hunterAnd Test Bench

emraxTestBench

Here it is in all it’s glory, the emrax 228! Even though it’s made for gliders we’re going to make it work for our car. Here we were hooking it up, trying to phase our resolver.

JankyConnectors

We can’t crimp our Phister connectors without the proper die and huge arbor press (or hydraulic crimper), so this will have to do!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s